When I have a craving, its helpful to have some sort of snack on hand at the office or home. Whether you’re looking to lose a few pounds or maintain a healthy weight, stocking up on healthy snacks is essential.
Here are my top 5 treats…
- Apples w/ peanut butter: a quick simple fix when you want sweet and creamy. I like to warm up my “butter” for a caramel type texture.
- Crudite w/ hummus: fresh cucumber, carrot, and sweet bell peppers are great for dipping into hummus. Try adding a drizzle of olive oil with lemon pepper to your hummus.
- Coconut banana: chill and slice a banana, roll in cocoa powder and dip in coconut. Perfect when you have a sweet craving.
- Spicy avocado bites: Sliced avocado, pepper jack cheese, halved cherry tomato on multigrain cracker. Perfect bites that are simple and filling.
- Nutty granola: homemade granola, rolled oats with honey baked with your favorite nuts I like almonds for this one. Once done and cooled you can add peanut butter morsels, cocoa nibs, coconut, craisins-go wild!
All of these snacks can be stored at work or home. I like variety and keep most of these on hand regularly. Save money, save time, save calories..snacking is AWESOME.
Any snacks you like to keep on hand, would love to hear about them?