I’ve tried lots of different methods to lose weight, dropping 75 pounds was hard. Though I’m only halfway to my goal I know it was not a small feat getting this far.
Here are some takeaways that have been helpful to me in achieving my goals.
- Baby steps, set small goals say 3-5 lbs over a month vs 25 lbs. Whether you want to look better in your clothes, or run a marathon start by making small changes. This is not a race, it’s a journey ..a lifestyle change.
- Try new things, don’t get stuck on the same routine. Variety is the spice of life, its good if you find something that works for you but be open to trying something new. Maybe a green smoothie or that Pilates class you find intimidating?
- Be consistent, make a plan and do your best to stick with it . Meal prep and workout logs aren’t only for the elite athlete! I’m way too busy to not have a plan. Make that grocery list, put the workout on your calendar, it feels good to check it off when done!
- Buddy up, find someone with the same interests and goals. A little friendly competion Fitbit step challenge, why not? Maybe someone you see at the gym or on the running course. Trying to make healthy changes are tough, you don’t have to go it alone.
- Be kind to yourself, don’t beat yourself up for missing that workout or having a slice of pizza. Don’t make excuses, and don’t give up. Life happens, and this isn’t about perfection.
- Think, meditate, pray, contemplate on the process. This journey is individual and very personal.
- Treat yourself, yes I said it. What does that mean to you, maybe its a new pair of running shoes or a weekend getaway? I love live music, I go to concerts whenever I can. Sometimes yes, I’ll admit for me its ice cream too HAHA!
Have fun, enjoy life, really why are we doing this?!
I want to feel better in my body, be able to run and play with my little girl, watch sunsets with my husband… and all of those beautiful blessed moments.
“Color Run & Beyonce’ with my gal pal!”
Happy and Healthy y’all, let’s do this!