Seems like we are always on the go. Our day is over before its even started, how do you find time fit it all in?
In a perfect world, we’d all have at least an hour a day to devote to our fitness. But in the real world, 24 hours a day doesn’t seem like nearly enough time to fit in work, school, and family.
- Turn that commute into a workout. Run or bike to work, get off your bus or train a few stops earlier, or park the car farther away to extend your walking time. Personally I like car dancing, no joke I do!
- Set your alarm early. A brisk walk or 20-30 minutes of free weights and floor exercise is a great way to start your day.
- Sneak in a lunch break work out. THIS IS MY FAVORITE! Make use of your precious 60 minutes by hitting the gym or going for a walk.
- Work out at work. When you can take the stairs, squeeze in a few light reps of lunges, squats, and overhead presses. A quick 10-15 min workout that you can easily do at your desk.
- Take the kids with you. When the weather is nice, I take my daughter out to ride her bike. I have to keep a pretty brisk pace to keep up with her. We love having dance parties too. I’m forturate to have a gym that has childcare, so bringing her along is easy and fun for us both.
- Try a gym class. I keep my local gyms schedule on my phone, if time permits I can drop into a class on my way home from work.
- Get off that couch. Commercial break workouts are a good way to keep yourself active. Try a different exercise each time, push ups, squats, tricep dips, marching in place. Keep a pair dumbells near by, for quick access and visual reminders.
- Winding down.. Try ending your day with some gentle stretches, nothing too vigurous. Be kind to your body, stretching and focusing on breath is a lovely way to end your day.
Keep extra workout gear in your car, and office. No excuses!